We lost some big names in entertainment this year, I just wanted the chance to say one last goodbye to some of my favorites.
- Actor Patrick Swayze, 57 – I really enjoyed Dirty Dancing and many more of his movies.
- Director John Hughes, 59 – His films were some of the first that I rented from video stores and watched over and over again.
- Actress Farrah Fawcett, 62 – What a courageous documentary she made at the end of her life.
- Actor Dom DeLuise, 75 – Always made me laugh.
- Actor Ricardo Montalban, 88 – I still want to visit Fantasy Island.
- George Michael, sports broadcaster, 70 – I watched his ‘Sports Machine’ show for years in DC.
- Vic Chesnutt, singer/songwriter, 45 – Just an amazing talent.
- Actress Brittany Murphy, 32 – I loved her voice work for King of the Hill.
- Ed McMahon, 86 – I’ll remember him from Star Search, way before American Idol.
- Pitchman Billy Mays, 50 – He could sell me the shoes on my feet, what a guy.
- Walter Cronkite, 92 – Sad to see him go, but that’s the way it is.
There were many more notable deaths, as The New York Times notes in their annual review.