I am going to try to post a few of my favorite vegetarian recipes because a couple of my friends are exploring the world of vegetarianism, and I’m happy to give them all the information I can!
So here goes… even my parents like this one:
Spinach & mushroom burritos
2 cups mushrooms
Olive oil or butter
1 clove garlic (crush or chop finely)
1 tbsp. chili powder (or to taste)
1 tbsp. cumin
1 bag fresh spinach leaves
- Sauté the mushrooms in a large skillet with tablespoon or so of olive oil with crushed or chopped garlic and as much chili powder as you want. (Black pepper works if you don’t like things too hot.)
- Once the mushrooms are soft, add rinsed spinach leaves (remove stems), sprinkle with cumin, and reduce heat to steam them. Cover the skillet until the spinach has steamed down to size.
- Meanwhile, prepare soft tortillas. You can warm them up in the microwave if you like before you start working with them. Spread a layer of cream cheese in each one – depending on what size tortilla you have, this should fill 4-6.
- When the spinach has cooked down, mix the mushrooms and spinach together and spoon it into the tortillas. Add some cheddar, roll it up, and you are ready for dinner!
- Like it really cheesy? Add some sharp cheddar on top for garnish, and some taco sauce. Also very good with refried beans and rice. YUM!
Enjoy eating without meat!